.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The latest from the Adairs

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I have been feeling very discouraged the past couple of weeks but we still managed to do about 70% of the program. Doing this program day in and day out makes you feel very irritable and after talking to Lori about this she advised me that it's important to go easy for a few days or you will burn yourself out. But then comes the incredible encouraging results you get from a re-evaluation with your neurodevelopmentalist, which we got 2 days ago! :-) There has been so many changes that I am so thankful to God for blessing with this program! And it is a huge relief and boost to help us go on. Kayla definitely had an extra spring in her step after we left the office of Little Giant Steps. Both Jan and CJ were beaming when they found out how much Kayla had grown and changed. But I want to add that Kayla has been for the most part very compliant through this whole process and I am so thankful for that. I don't think I could go on otherwise.

There have been many changes with our activities and we lost a lot of activities. No more trigeminal stimulation, yeah! For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about don't worry it doesn't involve torture it's just a little exercise you do on their head to stimulate their brain. It was done during our reading time but for some reason I couldn't wait till it was over every day. (There is a brief explanation of that on my August 29th post if you're wondering.) So the changes in Kayla have been phenomenal! Kayla advanced in math a little bit (we do need more work in this area), she advanced in reading comprehension an entire year and 2 months and her auditory processing is now at a 6, previously she was at a 4, that means she developed 2 whole years in 4 months! Wow, wow, WOW! Is what I keep repeating to myself. I just can't believe the changes. And there are more but I won't list them all because I just want to get the point across that THIS PROGRAM REALLY WORKS and I am so thankful to the good Lord for bringing us to this point! When you want to see real changes in your child that will last a lifetime you can't look to quick fixes, they just don't work. And believe me I've tried a lot of those.

Anyway, for the next four months we have been given a whole bunch of new activities to replace the ones that are no longer needed. So as soon as I get together a new schedule we will be rolling along once again.

And thank you all so much for your encouraging e-mails, they really do make my day.